Good haul of old pc stuph

Jim Leonard trixter at oldskool.org
Wed Dec 21 19:02:06 CST 2005

Scott Stevens wrote:
>>Original IBM CGA has ONE RCA jack (for composite video), NOT
>>TWO. EGA often has two, and there are some aftermarket CGA
>>boards that have a color composite and a B&W composite jack.
>
> That begs the question of what the two RCA jacks on the EGA card
> are for.  I know that the one on the CGA card provides composite
> video.

As already answered in an earlier post, it depends on the card.  Some EGA cards
produce identical signals down both jacks; others produce color on one and mono
on the other.
--
Jim Leonard (trixter at oldskool.org)                    http://www.oldskool.org/
Want to help an ambitious games project?             http://www.mobygames.com/