ImageDisk project is canceled

Scott Stevens chenmel at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 21 20:33:31 CST 2005

On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 00:26:44 +0000 (GMT)
ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk (Tony Duell) wrote:

> To get back to disk imaging, I may be stupid, but I do wonder if
> it's  actually possible to write such a program to run under
> linux or any other  multi-tasking system.

Since it's possible under Linux or one of the BSD Unixes to
completely compile out support for the floppy controller, it
should also be possible to pull said kernel code out, and create a
(super)user-mode module application out of it to do whatever you
want with the disk controller.  More of this sort of thing should
be done, in my estimation.  (my two cent opinion, I know, since I
should do-it-myself).