Fwd: Aussie PDP-11s

Richard legalize at xmission.com
Thu Dec 22 02:12:58 CST 2005

Holy shit, I wish I was nearby... or could afford a shipping container
and a boat!

From: Christine Ricketts/Andrew Stewart <nospam at collingwood.net>
Newsgroups: alt.sys.pdp11
Subject: Melbourne Australia: Possible Oversupply of PDP-11/83s, PDP-11/84s
 and PDP-11/70s
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 18:43:35 +1100

Calling all PDP-11 Enthusiasts in Melbourne / Australia.

Currently the following information is _pure_ speculation.
                                        ======

I have no idea whether I will get the systems,
how much they will cost (I'm pitching myself as cheaper
and less work than hiring a dumpster or calling the
computer scrap merchant) or when they will become
available.

End of January 2006, there _should_ be approx 15 (fifteen)
PDP-11/83s to collect from Portland Victoria.
I haven't seen these.

Later in 2006 there _should_ be approx 20 (twenty) PDP-11/70s,
approx 10 (ten) PDP-11/84s, assorted PDP-11/44s
and a PDP-11/34 "..in a pear treeeee.." to be collected
from the Melbourne CBD.
Dozens of DZ11s, RL11 controllers and RL01 and RL02 drives.
PLUS both 5.25 inch high 8 inch wide MSCP and RP06
emulating disk drives and controllers.
I took a tour through the site last Tuesday.  Drool, Drool!

I've got a few collector mates in Melbourne but there is
liable to be excess machines.  Shipping systems or parts
interstate or overseas takes a long time and is not cheap.

If you are interested, post a reply.
If you are shy, try substituting "bitbender"
as the username in the above address.

Regards, Andy.

	     Pilgrimage: Utah's annual demoparty
                <http://pilgrimage.scene.org>