Any experience with a DTC-1181?

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Mon Dec 26 11:12:43 CST 2005

On 12/26/2005 at 10:08 AM Dave Dunfield wrote:

>I have the docs for it kicking around here somewhere (single-page, I could
>scan it for you if you like - assuming I can find it). IIRC it will go up
to the 30G
>barrier (but I could be wrong - it's been quite a while since I used it).

AFAIK, the 1181 that I had limited you to 8GB, but there was a later
version called the 1181Y2K, which also had BIOS patches for Y2K
problems--that one may to the 32G limit.  A very handy little card.

IIRC, you simply set your BIOS setup to a type "1" drive after
installation.  Choice of BIOS segment is C800 or CC00.  If you have any
third-party disk manager software already installed on the drive, be sure
to remove it first.

Cheers,
Chuck