EPROM labels

Roy J. Tellason rtellason at blazenet.net
Mon Dec 26 14:44:43 CST 2005

On Saturday 24 December 2005 04:52 pm, Chuck Guzis wrote:
> On 12/24/2005 at 1:35 PM Richard A. Cini wrote:
> >	Just a quickie.what would be a suitable replacement for the opaque
> >labels that one would stick over EPROM windows? I was going to use
> >electrical tape but it's so sticky and white mailing lables leave glue
> >residue.
>
> Old floppy write-protect/enable tabs work pretty well, as do
> "peelable/removable" labels.

I never paid much attention to "removable" or not back when I was buying boxes
of labels,  but in the years since then I've found that those tend to dry out
and _fall off_ whatever they were applied to,  like some of the file folders
I have on hand here,  among other things.  Some others take a lot of scraping
and such to get them off,  if I can get them off at all.

I wouldn't worry about glue residue,  really.  A sharp knife will get the
worst of it off,  if necessary.

-
M Dakin