Housing collections (was: other Utah collectors?)

Guy Sotomayor ggs at shiresoft.com
Wed Dec 28 22:17:10 CST 2005

On Wed, 2005-12-28 at 14:11 -0800, Zane H. Healy wrote:
> > OK, this brings me to another question for you collectors out there...
> >
> > What do you do when your collection no longer fits in your office /
> > spare bedroom / basement / garage?
> >
> > Do you downsize the collection to fit?
> >
> > Do you rent warehouse space?

When mine outgrew my garage + storage unit I moved into ~1400sqft of
commercial space.  It's very nice (although no a/c).  I thought it would
have enough space to house my collection + space to work + all the other
stuff.  I've since expanded into 2 10x25 storage units also to house the
overflow.

There's enough space (and just as important enough 3-phase power) to be
able to power up and run significant parts of my collection (at
once)...unless I power up the KL10...then there's about enough for that,
a couple of terminals and maybe the lights.  :-)

Having the space is nice since I can set up the machines so that I can
actually use/work on them.  Something I couldn't do (easily) before I
moved.  It's also a bit easier to bring people over and display the
collection.

--

TTFN - Guy