Housing collections

Jim Leonard trixter at oldskool.org
Thu Dec 29 00:25:25 CST 2005

Scott Stevens wrote:
> don't necessarily subscribe to the 'ten year rule' (make that- I
> don't subscribe to it AT ALL in my personal collection.  I have
> some things much older, and quite a bit of newer stuff that I
> like having, too.

I'm with you.  The "ten year rule" is crap -- there, I've said it.  It's
not even enforced anyway, since people here would have no problem
talking about SGI Indigos or BeBoxen or DEC Alpha machines or similar
stuff, and that's all newer than 10 years old, or just barely.

I think the 10-year "rule", if there is to be one, should only apply to
wintel boxes.  I believe that's the spirit of the rule anyway.
--
Jim Leonard (trixter at oldskool.org)
World's largest electronic gaming project:    http://www.MobyGames.com/