The future of our hobby (was Re: ImageDisk project is canceled)

woodelf bfranchuk at jetnet.ab.ca
Thu Dec 29 13:54:57 CST 2005

Patrick Finnegan wrote:

>On Thursday 29 December 2005 14:09, William Donzelli wrote:
>

>>>I guess they are so secret that they never made it to the surplus
>>>market.!
>>>

>>I would bet there are a few nuts with stuff like this in garages as
>>well.
>>
>>But there is NO POINT in making new TTL.

Well I guess it is rather hard to make OLD TTL.
Well I want LDL logic...   Light emiting diode logic ... The diodes in
the chip glow
when active.  The DIP even has  the Nand Symbols and conections printed
on it.

>Of course, the real bitch about doing a fab in your garage, as opposed
>to most classic computing, is the really high temp furnaces, and the
>rather toxic chemicals you have to use.  I'd imagine that you could get
>in a lot of trouble with, eg, the EPA (or maybe even the DHS nowadays)
>if someone found out you were doing a fab at your house, in the US.

Heck, you can't even have a DIY web page up even as a JOKE.  Lighting a
BBQ with LOX was
a great page! The chemicals would be the bitch -- all trade secrets, not
the fab itself.

>Pat

But I do expect there is a list of often needed old TTL,RTL & DTL to
keep classic hardware running.