Housing collections

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Thu Dec 29 17:23:01 CST 2005

> > I only recently heard about people specializing in collecting
> > individual chips rather than whole systems.  It makes perfect sense
> > from a collecting perspective now that I've heard of it, but I'd never
> > considered the idea myself.  Do you purposefully look for specific
> > chips?  Are you satisfied in removing them from shipping systems or do
> > you try to find "virgin" chips in their shipping tubes?
> >

> I don't 'collect' chips so much as I accumulate them.  I recently

Me too... I have no interest in becoming a 'stamp collector' and going
over-the-moon because I've got an EPROM in a purple ceramic package or
whatever. I do accumulate any old chips that are no longer available that
I can find. A frienf gave ne a large carrier bag of obscure TTL, for
example -- things like the BCD-Binary conversion ROMs, ALUs, etc.

I use said chips for repairs, homebrewing, etc.