E-bay complaints: was Re: "Response" from seller with the"Apple-1"

William Donzelli aw288 at osfn.org
Mon Jul 4 13:04:44 CDT 2005

>   What's the point in waiting till four hours (or four days, or four
> minutes or four seconds) before the end?  If its not over your max then bid
> ANYTIME. If you bid early, *friends* will see your bid and not bid against
> you AND you don't have to worry about forgetting to bid.

Don't worry about friends, worry about the competition.

Yes, I check the bids of the competition, to see what they found and I
missed. I think I have some pretty good, well refined searches on Ebay,
but I am always spotting things the searches missed that the competition
did not.

By sniping, I can somewhat reduce my chances of having the competition do
the same to me. I have snuck thru a few awesome deals for things on Ebay,
perhaps due to not being spotted by others.

Yes, competition - the collecting world has always had it. Always
will. Live with it, it is part of the game.

William Donzelli
aw288 at osfn.org