E-bay complaints: was Re: "Response" from seller with the "Apple-1"

David Comley david_comley at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 4 15:41:08 CDT 2005

--- Teo Zenios <teoz at neo.rr.com> wrote:
> I spend what an item is worth to ME, I could care
> less what the seller
> thinks it is worth. If an item goes for the minimum
> bid (I have won quite a
> few that way) I expect the seller to ship it.

Agreed.

To avoid disappointment I have two basic rules for
ebay purchases:

i) I bid what I am willing to pay. If the bidding
exceeds that value, then I walk away. I gave up
sniping a long time ago. Complete waste of rations and
frequently disappoints.

ii) I never bid on anything that has 'Rare', 'Ultra
rare', 'GOLD' or exclamation marks in the title. Who
gives a monkey's if something has gold in it ? I'm
going to plug the thing in and run it, not wear it
round my neck.

Anything else falls under the general rule of caveat
emptor. I have an obligation as a buyer to adequately
research anything I bid on before I start the process.

Dave