"Response" from seller with the "Apple-1"

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Mon Jul 4 18:56:15 CDT 2005

> Bleagh. I wanted that MPF, too - it only went for =A316 - my max was way =
> higher
> than that :( :( :(

YEs, but you don't know how high the winning bidder was prepared to go
either. He might have gone way higher than you were prepared to pay.

I remember once at a physical auction I picked up some bit of hardware
for the opening bid of \pounds 1.00. Mentioning this to a friend who came
in later, he said that he would have outbid me on that. I then pointed
out that I would have gone to something like \pounds 100 if necessary....