Commodore 64, Commodore 64sx enthusiasts?

Cameron Kaiser spectre at floodgap.com
Thu Jul 7 07:18:03 CDT 2005

> > > Oh, and anyone have a line on a user manual and the cute SX-64 bag?  I
> > > would love to get one of each.
> >
> > I've got a complete kit with the original cable, bag and manual, along with
> > the "blue hubs" on the handles.
>
> OK, what's the deal with the blue hubs? Both our working and spares SX-
> 64 have them; were they prone to falling off, or only some were made
> with them or something?

The glue on the hubs is weak and comes off easily. Also, people pry off the
hubs to fix the handle, find out that they were only attached with glue,
decide not to bother in case the handle needs to get fixed again, and then
lose the hubs. Of the three I've bought and the probably hundred-odd I've
run into, maybe 20% still have the hubs on.

I just need another keyboard, is all. SX #3 totally lacks one.

 Cameron Kaiser, Floodgap Systems Ltd * So. Calif., USA * ckaiser at floodgap.com
-- Flat text is just *never* what you want. -- stephen p spackman -------------