WOW!!!! $15k DEC PDP-8 CLASSIC MINICOMPUTER SYSTEM DIGITAL PDP8

Alan Perry alanp at snowmoose.com
Thu Jul 7 11:02:07 CDT 2005

Tom Jennings <tomj at wps.com> wrote:

>On Tue, 5 Jul 2005, William Maddox wrote:
>
>>  It's frustrating how little
>>of the older non-DEC minicomputer material seems to be
>>available.
>>

>I always figured it was you conspiratorial DEC people, buying up
>other-make stuff and destroying it to make a one-DEC-world.

I knew it was something like that!

I have been looking for a Burroughs B1000 machine for maybe seven
years.  I missed a local one that went into surplus about a year after
started collecting.  I heard of another one in Ohio that I think a
museum got.  (The museum queried me to see if I had found one.)  Other
than that, I haven't heard of any.

I have a bunch of Burroughs B20 workstations that I bought a couple of
years ago, mostly to save from the scrap heap.  Haven't been able to
find any more or any software for them.  (Someone is Colorado offered to
send me some software, then disappeared, so, obviously, it is a conspiracy.)

I also collect Sun shoebox systems (IPCs, IPXs, Classics).  Since I work
for Sun, I will make sure that I have software and documentation on
those systems.

alan