Power and the RA82

Kevin Handy kth at srv.net
Tue Jul 12 11:03:14 CDT 2005

Ethan Dicks wrote:

>On 7/12/05, William Donzelli <aw288 at osfn.org> wrote:
>

>>>I shudder when I picture aluminum core wiring...   I just have visions
>>>of it evaporating under load! :-)
>>>

>>I am not sure how old youor house is, but beware - lots in the town have
>>(or had) Al. Mine did (rather, I am still yanking it out).
>>

>Wasn't that popular to install in the 1970s?
>
>While I have no Al wiring in my 90-year-old house, I do have
>knob-and-tube, which is why I ran two new 15A circuits to the back
>bedroom for the computers.
>
>-ethan

Many years ago (30+), my grandmothers house was wired by running
cloth covered wires on insulators (like you see used for electric fences)
inside the house. (not inside the walls) One wire on each side of the
insulator. (No 3rd ground wire either)

Want to try hooking up a mainframe using that type of wiring?