IBM Portable Personal Computer available in Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Jules Richardson julesrichardsonuk at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jul 13 14:38:11 CDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-07-13 at 11:47 -0700, Vintage Computer Festival wrote:
> See below.  Contact original sender.

> We have an IBm Portable Personal Computer model 5155 From about 16
>to 20 years ago

Interesting. I received that exact email direct from the sender
yesterday (I was going to pass it to the list once I was sure our group
didn't want it, although I'm 99.9% certain we don't :-)

The shipping aspect is interesting though - I'd assumed they were at
least in the UK but the email gave no indication of whereabouts except
for the phone number being rather odd for this country.

I'm surprised anyone would be prepared to ship such a machine across the
pond to us at their expense (particularly as presumably it'd need
modification to the PSU to work here, would likely have a different
keyboard layout etc.)

Makes it all sound a little dodgy now, actually!

cheers

Jules