Need contact information for dkdkk

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Sun Jul 17 13:03:10 CDT 2005

> Neither do I Tony.  It's not an investment, my retirement fund or
> anything else but a hobby.  I collect what I do because I like unique
> hardware or operating systems and I like to figure out what makes them

Exactly. I want to understand how these amchines work at as low a level
as possible. For me, the interesting machines have CPUs built from TTL
and small PROMs/PALs, even bit-slice chips (AMD29xx, etc) are getting too
complicated :-). I'll battle through the schematics and microcode (even
produce said schematics if need be) until I understand what is going on.

Maybe I'm one of the few people who can tell you what ever last gate in a
PERQ 2 or an HP9810 is for. Which IMHO is a pity. I wish more people
could appreciate the beauty in these machines.

> tick.   There is a thrill in owning a system that used to cost megabucks
> but I managed to get for a few dollars.

THat doesn't bother me at all, except that the interesting machines
tended to be the expensive ones, and that I can't afford more than a few
dollars (or pounds) now...