Museums, etc

John Allain allain at panix.com
Tue Jul 19 10:37:01 CDT 2005

> I've changed the Subject: line because this has little to do with
> the original subject, which in any case is best forgotten.
Yep.

> a museum that won't let somebody who is giving their
> time free of charge to help with the operation of that museum
> look at their collection of documentation is certainly doing
> the above.

This is a little like the issue of showing proper respect to Don Maslin's
wife.  Build a friendship first, then pursue your interests second.
Might I suggest 1./ Identify a person most like yourself.  2./ Find your
best book on the period in your collection. 3./ Loan it to this person.
4./ Wait 1 to 2 months.  5./ Converse on the subject.
There's 5 steps, there could be more...  then make your request.

> I do not suffer fools or droids gladly, ...
Uh, No.

John A.