Apollo stuff

Director csmuseum at cse.uta.edu
Wed Jul 13 10:48:48 CDT 2005

I would love to see pictures of the ends of the ATR cable. I have some ATR
cards and we will be putting one on display soon but I have never seen a
cable or the wall box.

In later versions of IBM token ring the wall mounted box (MAU) did do
something, but in original IBM TR it was strictly passive. It had some
switches to take devices out of the ring manually, but no electronics. Since
ATR was earlier than that I doubt that the wall box had any active function.

Gil

A. G. (Gil) Carrick, Director
The Museum at CSE
University of Texas at Arlington