HP 98xx manuals

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Mon Jul 25 18:21:14 CDT 2005

> The 2xx series was moderately well documented (schems for the DIO
> interfaces,
> even) But by the mid-80's, HP had gone to board-swapper level docs in
> their
> CE manuals.

The desktop calculator service manuals (and some of these are really
computers) never included full schematics. If you were lucky you got the
PSU schematic. If you were very lucky you got the schematic of some other
bit as well (the 9100 manual included the CRT driver board schematics,
the 9830 manual included the cassette controller schematics). AFAIK you
never got the CPU or memory schematics

The handheld calculator service manuals did include schematics (at least
up to the HP41, I believe the Voyager (11/12/15/16) manual didn't). But
those manuals are very hard to find.

The PC-like machines -- the HP150, HP110, etc did include schematics in
the service or technical manuals. Strangely (with relation to the earlier
manuals), you didn't get PSU schematics, you did get the logic ones.

The HP9000 manuals never included CPU/memory board schematics AFAIK..

[Insert the standard 'plug' for the HPCC schematics CD]