device programmer recommendations?

Joe R. rigdonj at cfl.rr.com
Tue Jul 26 16:59:05 CDT 2005

At 02:11 PM 7/26/05 -0500, Ethan wrote:

>I'd love to know what a 29B wants in terms of logic device programming
>input, and what external tools I'd need to go from either a PLD file
>or a JEDEC file.  If the 29B takes unaltered JEDEC files, that'd be
>great.

  I just checked. According to the Logic Pak manual it both transmits and
recieves standard JEDEC files.

   IIRC  if you have the PALASM plug-in for the Logic Pak then you can type
in logic equations and it will compile them into the appropriate fuse map
in (IIRC) JEDEC format. I bought all the necessary plug-ins and manuals for
a project a couple of years ago but the project got scratched and I've
never used the stuff so I'm operating from memory here.

    I have all the manuals for the 29B, Logic Pak, PALASM plug-in and
several of the PAL adapters, you're welcome to borrow them and scan them if
they're not already posted somewhere.

    Joe