"New" RL02 on the way - how to power up?

charlesmorris at direcway.com charlesmorris at direcway.com
Wed Jul 27 10:08:18 CDT 2005

I have just purchased an RL02 and while waiting for it to arrive, I am wondering what to do for cleaning and lubrication before power-up. I don't know how long it's been sitting (indoors). I have downloaded the manual from bitsavers. I know there has been some discussion on this list recently but I think that was on the care and feeding of RK05's...

Also, the seller tells me he can't get the pack out:

>When I had the disk pack cover off, the release handle on the pack did
>not release the disks and I did not want to force it.  Does the drive
>need to be powered on and is there a way to remove them without powering
>it on?

He does know about the shipping screws and will install them before Fedexing.

So, what should I do first?

thanks for any assistance.
Charles