Cleaning out storage room FREE ITEMS

Dwight K. Elvey dwight.elvey at amd.com
Wed Jul 27 16:38:01 CDT 2005

>From: "Vintage Computer Festival" <vcf at siconic.com>
>
>On Wed, 27 Jul 2005, William Donzelli wrote:
>
>> >    Hint:  Software and manuals can be shipped CHEAP using USPS bookrate.
>>
>> Be very careful - USPS is getting VERY strict about the use of Media
>> Rate and Printed Bound Matter Rate. Most people use Media Rate for any
>> printed matter, but by law, any document that shows even a hint of
>> advertising or personal correspondence, even if from a 50 year old catalog
>> from a firm that no longer exists and written by someone now dead, can NOT
>> go Media Rate. Period. No Slack.
>
>Software is included in the Media Rate.

---snip---

Hi
 It is interesting that even a note attached to a pile
of documents can cause it to fail the media rate rule.
I have a stack, about 15 lbs, of copies that I wanted
to send and I had a note on top that said" Here are the
items you requested" or something similar. The postal
fellow saw that and was going to reject the media rate
based on that. I just removed the note.
 It is funny that the note contained nothing more than
what an invoice would have. I guess rules are rules.
Dwight