QuantumLink

Jim Brain brain at jbrain.com
Wed Jul 27 23:44:53 CDT 2005

I'm not sure how far afield Classic Computers goes, but I am interested
in anyone here who used, worked on, or knew about the QuantumLink
service for the Commodore 64/128 machines.

With help from someone who's spent lots of time deciphering the QLink
protocol, I am busy re-implementing the server.  So far, the stock QLink
disk will login and show the main page, you can select any of the 7
"message" areas and the screen will show menus for each area, and I am
now working on implementing the "People Connection" chat system.

By no means I have made even a dent in all of the functionality of the
system (games, file downloads, etc.), but it is impressive to see the
old disks and serviuce running again.  Currently, I have the basic chat
(join, leave, say) working for multiple users.

Sadly, I never used the original system, so I am lost as to how exactly
things progressed from screen to screen (where did you change you screen
name, for example), so I'm eager to hear from others.

Jim

--
Jim Brain, Brain Innovations
brain at jbrain.com                                http://www.jbrain.com