How to remove disk from MPI 9448 and prepare it for shipping?

Joe R. rigdonj at cfl.rr.com
Fri Jul 29 14:08:23 CDT 2005

    I have a MPI 9448 cartridge drive that has a cartridge in it that I
need to remove and I also need to prep the drive to be moved. Anyone know
how to do this?  I don't know if I can power it on or not. The power cord
to the system has been cut off and was 3ph 220 anyway. If the drive just
takes 110VAC 1ph I can probably get an extension cord to it.  Othewise I
need to know how to get the cartridge out without power.

    Joe