Nascom 2 keyboard connector

Jules Richardson julesrichardsonuk at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jun 2 18:24:59 CDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-02 at 23:53 +0100, Pete Turnbull wrote:
> On Jun 2 2005, 13:16, Jules Richardson wrote:
> >
> > Does anyone have the pinouts of the Nascom 2 keyboard connector
> handy?
> >
> > I'm wondering if there are any duplicated ground lines such that I
> can
> > get away with running a cable via DA15 connectors (the connectors on
> the
> > '2 and keyboard PCBs are 16 pin headers)
>
> Mine's not handy, but it does in fact have a DA15 plug on the keyboard
> and a DA15 socket on the Nascom chassis.  So although I can't tell you
> which line to drop, it would seem it is possible to do so.

Is it an unshielded cable? If it's shielded maybe they're using the
shield as a 16th line...

Maybe I'll trace out the keyboard schematic (or at least as much as I
need) - it's just occurred to me that maybe the keyboard was shipped as
a completed unit (with the handful of ICs in place) which is why
schematics for it seem to be lacking...

cheers!

Jules