9900 CPU was:Re: Rescued Items

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 13:27:47 CDT 2005

On 6/5/05, shoppa_classiccmp at trailing-edge.com
<shoppa_classiccmp at trailing-edge.com> wrote:
> > I think I ended up using a roll and a half of bubblewrap just for the
> > scope.
>
> Just imagine what would happen to your scope if it was dropped on a
> corner of the face from a height of 6 feet or so.  That's entirely
> typical of the handling I see.

I've said it here before, and I'll say it again - don't ship UPS
unless your packaging job can withstand the parcel being hurled from a
car at 30mph because they have a conveyer that's 4 feet off the
ground, moving at that speed, and *stuff falls off the belt every
day*.

Good point about the hollow-box knob protectors... I brought back my
Poptronics Elf in a box of electronic stuff on an airplane, and there
must have been some pressure on the crystal (highest point on the
board), because the board is now cracked (not obliterated) in the
middle.  Next time, I'll build a cage for it to prevent any
reoccurrance.

-ethan