Inland ProBackup 500 sought (pinouts or software)

ERBOTxMa at aol.com ERBOTxMa at aol.com
Thu Jun 2 11:56:45 CDT 2005

Did you ever get an intelligent response to your  inquiry noted below??  Am
now looking for a replacement battery for the  same.

>From a previous life, I have a perfectly fine working UPS. The brand  says
"Inland - by ABI International". Model is "Probackup5000", part  number is
19500. It has a DB9 serial port on the back for interfacing with a  host to
notify it of loss of ac, impending shutdown, etc. However, I don't  have the
software (for Windoze) that came with it.

I've googled for  hours, and can't come up with anything on this exact unit.
Would anyone  happen to have windows software for it? As a last resort, how
standard is the  DB9 pinout (IF I can find the pinout, no luck there
either)... I'm wondering  if I can use just about any UPS software for it.

Any  advice?