Apple Goes Intel...

chris cb at mythtech.net
Wed Jun 8 14:53:20 CDT 2005

>I am glad for this announcement, only because I can finally talk about OS
>X on
>intel... as I saw it running over 7 years ago.  7-year NDAs suck :-)

Apple's early seeds of OS X had an Intel verison. Ran on standard PCs. I
still have my copy kicking around here somewhere. I ran it for a short
while. Of course, back then there was really nothing that ran on it.
Classic didn't exist yet.

Apple's original roadmap for OS X included the "Yellow Box" which was
supposed to be an Intel version with Intel based OS compatability. Think
Classic but for Windows apps. It also never came about.

I suspect it may finally be heading that direction.

-chris
<http://www.mythtech.net>