Wild-hair floppy drive question

Doc Shipley doc at mdrconsult.com
Sat Jun 11 20:01:12 CDT 2005

Eric Smith wrote:

> Doc asks:
>
>>   Would a DSHD floppy drive with a DSHD disk in it
>

> You mean a 96 TPI high-density 5.25" disk and drive (e.g., IBM 1.2M format
> that was introduced with the PC/AT)?

   Sorry, no, I meant a 3.5" floppy drive.  As soon as Allison replied I
realized the question was ambiguous.

   I've found something intersting about the Compaq m/b that hosts my
1.2MB 5.25" disk drive, though.

   That board auto-detects all its hardware on every boot.  If I boot
with a DSQD disk in that drive, the BIOS auto-updates the settings to
'3.5" 1.44MB Drive".

   Which is what prompted my question in the first place.

	Doc