Wild-hair floppy drive question

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Sun Jun 12 13:06:34 CDT 2005

> > If that is the question the answer is yes.  (use one hole media aka 720k).
>
>    I have a few pounds of DSDD 3.5" media.
>
>    What I think I *don't* have is a 3.5" drive that can be jumpered to ID 0.

The drive select jumper just links one of the drive select pins on the
interface connector to the appropriate internal signal. So if your drive
doesn't have jumpers, all you need to do is make up a cable between the
controller and the drive that (in this case) takes drive select 0 from
the cotnroller to whatever select pin (probably DS1) that the drive does
respond to. And link all other signals straight-through.