DEC M8350 - KA8E posibus interface

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 18:14:37 CDT 2005

On 6/20/05, Joe R. <rigdonj at cfl.rr.com> wrote:
>    I picked up more DEC parts from Thom today including several M8350
> cards. All I can find out about them is that they're "KA8E posibus
> interface".  Can anyone provide more details?

Those provide a 'Posibus' interface to OMNIBUS machines.  Posibus is a
peripheral bus found on all PDP-8/L and some PDP-8/i machines.  There
aren't too many Posibus peripherals (the DF-32D comes to mind), but if
you had one on your -8/L, you could migrate it to your -8/e with the
M8350.

You would need a set of 3 Berg-40-to-DEC-backplane cables - BC08J? to
connect the M8350 to the Posibus device.

I wouldn't throw it away, but you probabably don't have any immediate
need for it, unless you have some uncommon late-1960s peripherals.

-ethan