DEC M8350 - KA8E posibus interface

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 23:00:56 CDT 2005

On 6/20/05, Patrick Finnegan <pat at computer-refuge.org> wrote:
> You must mean relative to other PDP-8 stuff, because I've never seen ANY
> pdp-8 boards laying around anywhere, and they would probably fetch a
> decent price on eBay..

I've seen lots of DEC boards lying around at resellers' places... Even
10 years ago, there were plenty more PDP-11/VAX customers than PDP-8
customers, that resellers focused on Unibus/Qbus stuff and had to be
pestered a little to look for specific OMNIBUS boards.

As for eBay prices, I've won plenty of auctions in the past year for
$10 PDP-8 parts (KK8E boards, 3rd party core memory, OMNIBUS
peripherals).  I don't pay "any" price for this stuff... if it gets
too expensive, I wait.  I've seen plenty of boards I've gotten for $10
go for $50-$80 on other auctions.  Part of successful eBaying is not
fuelling the demand side of the supply and demand curve.

-ethan