PDP11/23+ goes on (and submission for FAQ)

Paul Koning pkoning at equallogic.com
Tue Jun 21 19:40:40 CDT 2005

 Tom> * Disposable nylon gloves $?
 >> Nylon, as in woven nylon?  I haven't seen those.  Disposable vinyl
 >> gloves are easy to find, I have a box sitting around the kitchen.
 >> There are also latex gloves; that doesn't seem like a good idea
 >> because those tend to have powder on them, and also because latex
 >> isn't all that stable.

 Scott> We wore white nylon gloves a lot more than we wanted to back
 Scott> when I was a COM operator producing Microfiche in the 80's.  I
 Scott> suspect they're still readily available.  Probably anybody who
 Scott> handles a lot of film would use them, i.e. the photograpy
 Scott> market.

They might also appear in gunsmithing (to avoid messing up that nice
blueing job).  Brownells doesn't mention nylon, but it shows
"polishing gloves" made of cotton.

	   paul