eBay users plagiarizing collectors' content...

Michael B. Brutman mbbrutman at brutman.com
Wed Jun 22 08:59:12 CDT 2005

When it happened to my PCjr web site I contacted eBay, referred them to
the original page, and asked them to kill the auction.  eBay had a
specific email address for this type of complaint and they cancelled the
auction within a handful of hours.

Nobody can possibly think that when they go to a personal website and
lift the cover picture and text directly that they are just borrowing
something that is public domain.  It does take a lot of time to put that
kind of information together, and I don't want it used for commerical
uses.  You can rewrite or link to the content, but I learned it was
wrong to blatantly lift paragraphs back in 3rd grade. ;-0

Another seller asked me first before using the pictures and content.  I
declined them, but did encourage them to link to the content so that the
next buyer would have a better idea of what they were buying and how to
get the most out of it.

Mike