Ant: Re: IBM 1130 may need rescue in Austria.

Wolfgang Eichberger cbmpet2001 at yahoo.de
Sat Jun 25 04:13:58 CDT 2005

--- Jos Dreesen <jos.mar at bluewin.ch> schrieb:

> Am vrijdag, 24.06.05, um 20:02 Uhr (Europe/Zurich) schrieb Lawrence
> Wilkinson:
>
> > On Fri, 2005-06-24 at 09:32 -0700, Brian Knittel wrote:
> >> Hi folks,
> >>
> >> We just got a brief note at ibm1130.org from a guy who spotted
> >> an IBM 1130 "looking in a bad state in the street out the back
> >> of the ibm edinburgh office."
> >>

> A similar note was circulated on a local classcmp list :
>
> Hi!
> we are a computerrecycler from Austria/Linz and i have a IBM
> 1130/1131
> for
> sale, Year 1966
> When you interessed may a Bid and mail to computerrecycling at gmx.at.
> best
> regards, Klaus Choc
>

> Thats all I know about it and although an 1130 is tempting, and
>   this one is close enough,  it would be one to many.
>

>                                                       jos dreesen

I was offered the machine too. But with about 1000 Euro this was way
too  much for me and the technical collection at the local museum
hasn't got so much money. It's said that this machine is in running
state, I don't know about peripherals. Maybe the guys from
cray-cyber.org could be interested?

Regards, Wolfgang

Ing. Wolfgang Eichberger    cell.: +43-664-240-65-92
                           http://www.eichberger.org
                      email: wolfgang at eichberger.org