PDP11 near Manchester on eBay

Pete Edwards stimpy.u.idiot at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 16:21:42 CDT 2005

On 6/25/05, Gordon JC Pearce <gordon at gjcp.net> wrote:
> Witchy wrote:
> >>http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=96944&item=5209467994&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
> >>
> >>If no-one else is interested, I might bid myself...
> >

> > The seller needs to be spanked into next week for saying he/she/it's never
> > seen one before so therefore it must be a valuable rarity, also there was
> > no cards so you were getting a metal box with PDP 11/03 on the front :o\
> >

> Yes yes yes, I saw that *after* I posted.  I should write a patch for
> Thunderbird that locks out sending mail before I've drunk two or three
> coffees in the morning.
>
> Gordon.

The seller is just off the motorway on my daily commute and I called
in to have alook, as soon as I peeked through the ventilation grill it
was apparent there were  no cards in there.  It was a pull from
Jodrell Bank, I suspect a spare that had been sitting around for a
good while and the lack of any test sticker on the mains cable makes
me suspect care would be needed powering it up. I said it wasn't worth
50 quid and the seller agreed, said he'd see if he could get the
correct cards for it (good luck I thought) and put it up again if it
didn't sell, the ebay listing was changed while I was in the shop. I
expect it will pop up again but without any cards it's a bit of a boat
anchor.
I couldn't see a manuf date anywhere on the enclosure, anyone know
when 11/03s were last made/sold?

Pete Edwards
"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future" - Niels Bohr