Torch Computers Ltd PSU available - anyone need a spare?

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Sun Jun 26 17:36:19 CDT 2005

> On Sun, 2005-06-26 at 19:14 +0100, listmailgoeshere at gmail.com wrote:
> > I have here a Farnell N110P411 open-chassis SMPSU. On a relay on one
> > end of the board there is a white sticker with the text "TORCH
> > COMPUTERS LTD (C) 1983" and a QC stamp.
>
> I expect that's the one used in the Torch Triple-X - it's about 125W I
> think...

I am pretty sure the Quad-X used the same PSU, but I am not pulling the
not-quite-complte one out from under my bed to check.

If it is this supply, it's a fairly standard SMPSU giving the normal
outputs, with a soft power switch. THere are 2 contacts at the front of
the PSU chassis (connected to a 0.1" 'Minicon' on the PCB) that go to the
touch switch contacts themselves. TOuching those turns on the relay