RML380Z ROM images

Philip Pemberton philpem at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Jun 28 02:18:09 CDT 2005

In message <42C0F150.9040303 at gjcp.net>
          Gordon JC Pearce <gordon at gjcp.net> wrote:

> On that note, are UV LEDs powerful enough to erase EPROMs?  I'm thinking
> about building an eraser, and want to try an alternative to the rather
> expensive and fragile UV tube.

I doubt it. IIRC the wavelength is wrong - you need 253.7nm ("germicidal
ultraviolet") to erase EPROMs. You might be able to get a UV LED to do it,
but it'll take a long while to erase.

Magenta sell an EPROM eraser kit - that might be worth a try. At last check
it was about £30.

Later.
--
Phil.                              | Acorn Risc PC600 Mk3, SA202, 64MB, 6GB,
philpem at philpem.me.uk              | ViewFinder, 10BaseT Ethernet, 2-slice,