Any IBM Power / AIX fans out there?

Vintage Computer Festival vcf at siconic.com
Wed Jun 29 18:18:24 CDT 2005

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005, Tony Duell wrote:

> I disagree that it's 'far better' to get somebody else to do it. To me
> the best thing is to learn something. That's one reason I play about with
> classic computers, of course.

Tony,

One major factor that you are either ignoring or unaware of is TIME, of
which you seem to have an enviable surplus.  Not everyone has the TIME to
learn yet another skill of dubious ultimate value.  In a perfect world,
sure.  In reality, not.

Cameron happens to be in medical school, and its amazing what he's managed
to accomplish in spite of his grueling schedule.