RML380Z ROM images

Dwight K. Elvey dwight.elvey at amd.com
Wed Jun 29 19:04:47 CDT 2005

>From: ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
>
>>  The mirrors most likely don't do much more than any other
>> surface. At the wave length used to erase EPROMS, about
>> the only thing that will transmit the light is quartz.
>> ordinary glass used for mirrors only allows a tiny
>> fraction to pass through.
>
>What about front-slivered mirrors?
>
>-tony

Hi Tony
 I don't know specifically about silver ( one of the better
reflectors ) but the more common reflector, aluminum, is
down in the few percentiles at these wavelengths. Silver
doesn't hold up well in the current atmosphere because
of sulfur in the atmosphere, both man activities and natural
sources.
 There are what are called dielectric reflectors that
can get into the high 90%'s but these are for relatively
narrow band widths.
 For all practical purposes, the higher frequency UV just
doesn't reflect worth beans.
 I put aluminum in my EPROM eraser, more to protect the
plastic from UV damage than to reflect much light.
Dwight