CS/80 disc geometry

Steve Robertson steerex at mindspring.com
Fri Jun 24 20:06:35 CDT 2005

joe,

Actually... I've set up a STD-BUS system to boot from a CS80 disk. It
just uses the "Cold Boot Load" command to read the beginning of the
disk. I have not had the opportunity / ambition to build the entire file
system (yet). That's on the to-do list.

BTW: I have used a HP-IB bus analyzer to read the "describe" codes from
disks and didn't have any problem decoding the data. The codes are
simple (REF: CS-80 Programming manual) the process is fairly demanding.

SteveRob