The future of computing/technology

Michael Sokolov msokolov at ivan.Harhan.ORG
Tue Mar 1 21:52:03 CST 2005

William Donzelli <aw288 at osfn.org> wrote:

> About eight years ago, when I was at the big Downers Grove, IL POP (MCI),
> the front desk got a call from an MCI telemarketer trying to get them to
> switch their long distance sevice.

About 3 years ago I was in a Cingular Wireless store in California resolving
some issues with my cell service.  There was some waiting involved, so I
just hung out and chatted with the staff, whom I had gotten to know as a
regular customer (I had multiple lines and had to change phones sometimes,
etc).  They got a call from a telemarketer offering them cellular service
for their business.  The guy had to politely explain to the caller that
their business was a cell store...

MS