Altair32 Emulator "Easter Egg" idea

CRC technobug at comcast.net
Fri Mar 4 14:43:53 CST 2005

> I thik one of the old HP plotters would "sing" a song using the motors,
> given the proper power up sequence.

In the '68-70 timeframe I heard an amazing rendition of the Barcarole
on the tape reader of an HP 2115 using the pinch roller solenoid with a
punch card inserted as a resonator. However, the best use of music on
computers was done by a friend who received special treatment from the
Cyber operators after playing Charge on the high speed chain printers
at the end of his job. Since he didn't advance the paper the printing
effectively cut the paper causing the next several jobs to make an
squirel's nest out of the insides of the printer.

	CRC