Computer Music (was Altair32)

Mike Loewen mloewen at cpumagic.scol.pa.us
Fri Mar 4 17:55:18 CST 2005

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005, CRC wrote:

> However, the best use of music on computers was done by a friend who
> received special treatment from the Cyber operators after playing Charge
> on the high speed chain printers at the end of his job. Since he didn't
> advance the paper the printing effectively cut the paper causing the
> next several jobs to make an squirel's nest out of the insides of the
> printer.

    I've been saving two card decks from around 1970, which when run on an
IBM 1401, will play "She'll Be Comin' 'Round the Mountain" and "Anchors
Aweigh" on the 1403 printer.  Wasted a lot of paper, and annoyed a lot of
operators.  :-)

Mike Loewen				mloewen at cpumagic.scol.pa.us
The Dixie Lion Jazz Band		http://ripsaw.cac.psu.edu/dixie.html
The B9 Robot Builders Club B9-0014	http://ripsaw.cac.psu.edu/~mloewen/B9/