Who invented DOS?

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Fri Mar 4 20:54:38 CST 2005

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005, Eric Smith wrote:
> The story is apocryphal.  No one has ever been able to cite the
> actual details because it never happened.  If it had happened, it
> would be possible to get a court transcript.

It is doubtful that it exists.  The story is such an exact match
to the easter egg in TRS-DOS 2.x (that really DOES exist), that
the story is almost certainly a corruption of the TRS-DOS story,
unless Randy Cook got the idea from Gary Kildall?

There is also a [presumably apocryphal] story of the TRS-DOS
easter egg being used in court.

Grumpy Ol' Fred     		cisin at xenosoft.com