8-bit low profile ethernet card?

Jules Richardson julesrichardsonuk at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Mar 7 04:41:52 CST 2005

On Sun, 2005-03-06 at 21:13 -0600, Ryan Underwood wrote:
> I'm looking for a 1/2 to 2/3 height 8-bit ISA Ethernet card.  It's for
> an embedded type application.  I can find "short" cards in terms of
> length, but not in terms of height.  Anyone have any leads for me here?
> :)

Hmm, is making up a right-angled bracket and laying a card flat an
option? That's what I've had to do in the past on occasion.

(I'm finally sick of hard drive noise on this 'ere desktop too, so a
diskless client in an old xterminal box is on the cards as soon as I
trip over a suitable motherboard that doesn't have monster heat
dissipation requirements... going to have some interesting space issues
with that one I expect)

cheers

Jules