minor list changes

Tom Jennings tomj at wps.com
Mon Mar 7 11:15:36 CST 2005

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005, John Foust wrote:

> At 08:03 AM 3/7/2005, you wrote:
>> On Mon, 2005-03-07 at 07:38 -0600, John Foust wrote:

>>> Why the emotional attraction to a mailing list as opposed to the web?
>> Because the web is shit for just about everything?
>
> That would explain its unpopularity, of course.

I agree, it'll never catch on.

Mail is superior to web in at least one instance: it's close as we
get to "abstract data" and can be rendered in truly different
ways. It's really low BW. Well except for the spam, attachments,
dead smtp ports, ...

ALso, I fetchmail all my mail from the server, and read/reply at
my leisure.

Plus, human culture is the reason we take part, not machine
efficiency; but I recognize we're close to the point where it may
fall on us and kill us if we continue to ignore it.

But what if it were links/lynx compatible? That fits on 24x80.

Yes, yes, I know not everyone has 24x80 with a green phosphor.