minor list changes

John Foust jfoust at threedee.com
Tue Mar 8 07:39:57 CST 2005

At 10:21 PM 3/7/2005, Doc Shipley wrote:
>  Read 350 posts to a mailing list, in a well-configured mail client of your choice.
>  Read 350 posts to any web forum.
>  Go Google "therbligs".

You're on track...  the most time-wasting thing is the distraction
of starting to look at other interesting sites, not the keystrokes
and mouse movements you carried out to do it.

>  Better yet, Google therbligs first, and consider the concept while you try to navigate the New! Improved! Web Forum.
>  It's not the New! part that sucks, it's the "This Sucks" part that sucks.

Therbligs.  Interesting and relevant.  Hadn't heard of them
before.  Would love to see some charted, in color.  Color itself
as a clue to whether two motions were dissonant!  Wonderful!

See my 2001 post below.  However, in terms of time and motion, it
might be easier to scroll down (using your choice of interface)
rather than telling you to 'grep' your personal archive (and hoping
you hadn't pre-filtered and trashed the message) and assuming that
I can't simply include a hyperlink to it because this would
offend those on slower, non-WWW-capable computers.

- John