DEC UNI/Q-BUS board physical size?

Pete Turnbull pete at dunnington.u-net.com
Tue Mar 8 18:13:28 CST 2005

On Mar 8 2005, 17:18, Ethan Dicks wrote:

> They use 'eyelet' rivets, not pop rivets, but for home use, as long
as
> the pop rivets don't touch the boards above or below, you should be
> OK.

> I won't say that no 3rd party ever made a plastic-handle hex card,
but
> it is awfully wide to not have a stiffener of some sort.  ISTR some
> 3rd party tape controler (TC-131?) had some kind of machined block on
> either corner for extractors, but I don't recall what they did to
keep
> the board from flexing; perhaps a metal L bracket?

I've got one hex comms board and one 3rd party memory that have no
stiffeners, the comms board has plastic blocks on the corners with
extractor levers.  Both are a pain because they flex a lot, and both
are sitting on a shelf somewhere in the workshop, not in a machine.
 Even quad QBus cards without some stiffening are a pain.

--
Pete						Peter Turnbull
						Network Manager